Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Blueberrries in cookies

It's blueberry season here and the crops were so good this year, they are practically giving them away for free. As I inspected the contents of my fridge this morning, I realized that there were quite a few pints of berries in there just waiting to be eaten.. Last year, I bought several flats and froze them in ziploc bags. It was lovely to have blueberries handy all through the year, but I found myself still purchasing the occasional carton of fresh ones at the store to snack on.  Thawed blueberries are fine for baking or on breakfast but are considerably less pleasurable to eat out of hand.

I pulled up a recipe for grain free blueberry almond cookies here.  The recipe calls for mixing it in a food processor however, I ended up dumping it into a bowl and mixing it with a spoon to get it properly blended.


I was a bit concerned that the berries would fall out, but for the most part they stayed put and the cookies turned out beautifully... the boys said these were 'make again'.



No comments:

Post a Comment